Lis Pendens Notice
Lis pendens means a pending suit. The lis pendens notice is filed on the public record for the purpose of warning all persons that the title to certain property is in litigation and that they are in danger of being bound by adverse judgment.
The document must have the following information:
- The name of the person(s) or entity that has interest in the land the lien is being filed against. (KRS 382.440)
- The name of the person or entity bringing the action. (KRS 382.440 & 382.335)
- The mailing address of the lienholder (KRS 382.430)
- A legal description of the land involved (KRS 382.440)
- The document must state the action number and the court in which the action is pending. (KRS 382.440)
- Preparation Statement (KRS 382.335) (if court prepared may not have a preparation statement)
The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The document must be signed by the person or entity asserting the lien or their attorney or agent. The signature does not need to be notarized.