Boats Leaving Kentucky to be Retitled in Another State

What you will need:

If you are moving out of state or assigning your Kentucky title to an out-of-state resident/business, the following documents and information are required to cancel your Kentucky record:

  1. A completed Affidavit for Correction/Exoneration (62A044)
  2. Current year property tax must be paid

To process by mail, send to:

Fayette County Clerk
162 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507

NOTE: If your boat was registered in Kentucky on January 1st of the current tax year, you will be responsible for the taxes.

Acceptable Methods of Payment


To request in person: Make an appointment to visit the Renewal Department

A mask will be required while inside the building.

Only the individual ordering the duplicate title will be permitted in the building, anyone accompanying them will have to wait outside.
For all transactions processed by the renewal department please have all related paperwork in hand at the time of your appointment.  Do not make an appointment through this link for any transfers/change of ownership, or business related to the recording department (deeds, mortgages, marriage license).

Click here to make an appointment with the Renewal Department