Junking a Kentucky Title

What you will need:

  1. Original Kentucky Title - On the face of the title the owner must write "JUNKED", sign and date.
  2. Application to Junk Title - This affidavit must be signed and notarized by the owner(s).
  3. License plate
  4. Payment of any existing property taxes

This process prevents future property tax assessments for this vehicle.


To process by mail, send to:

Fayette County Clerk
162 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507

Acceptable Methods of Payment

Paperwork may be dropped off in the grey drop box beside our 2nd level entrance in the Helix garage.  Be sure to include your mailing address and a way to contact you (email address and/or phone number).