Off the Road Vehicle Information

What you need to do:

Vehicles that are not operated on public roads do not have to be registered, however taxes are still due each year. Your license plate and registration must be returned to the clerk's office before insurance coverage of the vehicle is cancelled.

If a vehicle has been unregistered for over a year, but is about to be registered for use on public roads, the owner should complete an "Off the Road" affidavit (TC 96-191). If this affidavit is included with the other registration requirements, the registration fees for the interim period can be waived.


$0.00 - Affidavit notarized out of our office
$3.00 - Affidavit notarized by the County Clerk's office

 Acceptable Methods of Payment

Paperwork may be dropped off in the grey drop box beside our 2nd level entrance in the Helix garage.  Be sure to include your mailing address and a way to contact you (email address and/or phone number).